Into Dust is more than a film, it is a campaign for change. Our hope is to use this film to support Perween Rahman’s legacy and other community advocates around the world to address issues of water insecurity and solutions at the community, national and international level, promoting the importance of good governance, empowerment and collaboration as it relates to water around the world.
- Educate people on issues of water justice such as water insecurity, usage, and fairness and equity in distribution via screenings and panels and supplemental tools.
- Uplift the voices of Water Justice advocates working on these issues in their communities
- Center the voices of those directly affected by water insecurity to strengthen their ability to advocate for what they need and highlight training opportunities.
- Use solution-oriented stories to engage and empower audiences to take action
- Support national and regional commitments to increasing equity and fairness in water distribution
The INTO DUST impact campaign is rooted in the belief that Perween Rahman’s story, while specific to Karachi, has global resonance. We are dedicated to drawing attention to the work and calls to action crafted by experts on the ground, and to uplifting the voices of all those impacted by ineffective and inequitable water governance. We strive to do this work in a collaborative and intentional manner.